Thursday, October 22, 2009

Hunter Update #3

It has been a rough week work wise, but I did get a little done on the Hunter. Tuesday night I dug out the airbrush and the Metalizer and got the intakes sprayed and last night I put the wings together. The Aeroclub wing inserts for the early Hunter wing fit pretty well, maybe better then the Revell parts for the dogtooth. Sadly the wingtips weren't a great fit, being thicker then the wings. Being forewarned of this problem by David Knights, I sanded them a little thinner before assembly and that helped. (Thanks David!)

I'm trying my best to make the deadline, but right now I feel behind. That being said, even if I don't make the deadline, I'll finish it up soon after. This kit is not going in to the hall of shame!

2 comments:

knights said...

Photos man, photos!

dsg said...

The Revell dogtooth inserts are too thick, and the wingtips maybe a little too thick, too. I made them flush on top and sanded aggressively on the bottom.