Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hunter Update #1

Hey did I actually say I would post daily updates? Just kidding!

I have been making some progress on the Hunter build, but sadly not as much as I would like. I started the kit on Saturday at the IPMS/John Glenn meeting and got most of the major parts clipped off the sprues and cleaned up. On Sunday the fuselage interior and the cockpit tub got an airburshed coat of Tamiya NATO Black. Over that last few days I've been working on detail painting of the kit ejection seat. However, after some frustration with painting the kit seat, I decided last night to replace it with an Aeroclub white metal seat. (I have always been confused about which ejection seat is correct for which Hunter. I used a Martin Baker Mk. 3 which I had on hand, but some referenced point to RAF Hunters using a Martin Baker Mk. 2. I'm not sure it makes much difference though...) I also added the decals to both the instrument panel and side consoles using a healthy coating of Future floor wax as a setting solution. I hope to finish up painting the ejection seat during the next couple of days and then get the fuselage together over the weekend. I'm moving...slowly...but moving. Since my paint scheme is really simple, I hope I'm still on track to finish by the end of the month.

In other Hunter news, Dr. David Geldmacher has decided to join me with a build of a RAF Hunter FR.10. He is moving a little quicker then me and already has his fuselage together. I'll post a few photos of his project tomorrow.

1 comment:

David M. Knights said...

Go! Go! Go! Do not let the perfect be the enemy of the good!